10 Essential Bathing Suits for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving and Christmas are over, most of us are over the cold weather. Nothing is more tiresome than having to bundle up everytime we leave our dorm, and we’ve all used the blizzard filter on Snapchat one too many times. With spring break coming up so fast, it’s become pretty difficult to pay attention in class when it’s snowing outside and your mind is in tropical places. Whether you’re partying in Miami or bronzing in La Jolla, get vacay-ready with these 10 bikinis: 

1. Victoria’s Secret Crossover Wrap Halter, $48.50 

This sexy halter top is a new take on the classic little black bikini. The keyhole shape is perfect for tanning your chest in case you decide to wear a top with a lower cut, and the tie at the top gives those with a fuller chest more support. The complex shape and cutouts make it easy to incorporate into your wardrobe-it will literally match with any bottom, printed or solid. 

2. Lane Byrant, Laser Cut Bandeau Bikini Top, $59.95

This molded underwire cups are sexy and supportive and a perfect laser cut bandeau bikinis. Pair with the Laser Cut Bikini Bottom for any black bottom 

3. H&M, Bikini Top in White/Striped, $17.95 

This red, white, and blue top is the perfect way to show your patriotic side this break. The white and blue stripes with red detailing give this triangle top a more nautical feel, and the ruffles are a great way to give the illusion of a fuller chest. 

4. Triangl, Winnie Neoprene Bikini in Yellow Mesh + Black, $89 

We couldn’t have made it through this list without adding a bikini from the famous Australian swimwear line, Triangl. These neoprene bikinis are all over Instagram, and it seems like everyone and their mother has one. Instead of the classic triangle top you might be used to seeing, try this structured bandeau with a clasic pair of black bottoms. This bathing suit might be a little more pricy, but you are definitely paying for quality. 

5. H&M, Bikini Bottoms in Natural White/Floral, $12.95 

These affordable bikini bottoms are an extremely versatile piece to add to any bathing suit collection. The colorful floral pattern makes the bottoms easy to mix-and-match with any solid color top you might already have, and the ruffle on the waistline gives you the illusion of a curvier hips. 

6. Evil Twin, Strappy Triangle Bikini Bottom, $27.51 

What better way than to add a pop of color to your spring break wardrobe than with these bright red bottoms? The strappy detail at the top adds a little extra something and the back of suit is fuller, which is a nice alternative to the cheeky bathing suit bottoms that are extremely popular right now. 

7. Body Glove, Marilyn Bikini Top, $67

If you’ve been looking for a bikini top that will take you from the sand to the water, this one’s for you. It comes with a removeable strap, which means you get no halter tan line on beach and a little extra support while jet-skiing. The underwire style of this top also comes with push-up, and the stappy back is sure to make a statement. 

8. Billabong, Safari High Neck Bikini Top, $44.95 

If you’re someone who knows you’re going to have a pretty active spring break, look no further. This black and white tribal bathing suit from Billabong is perfect for someone who does a lot of water-related activities. From cliff diving to tubing, the coverage on the front of this bathing has got you-for lack of a better word-covered. 

9. Victoria’s Secret PINK, Scalloped Mini Bikini Bottoms, $24.95 

We love these cute bikini bottoms from Victoria’s Secret PINK! The scalloped edges give the bottoms a more cheeky fit, making them the perfect bottom to show off all your hard work at the gym. 

10. H&M, Shape Swimsuit, $34.50 

The criss-crossed neon side straps on this bathing suit make up for the fuller back, ensuring that you show just the right amount of skin. Try out these bottoms with a blue or green top to match the pattern on the bottom. 

11. Target, Mossimo Crochet Flounce Bandeau Bikini Top, $22.99 

This flounce-style bandeau top is perfect for anybody who wants something a little different in their bikini top. The flounce gives the illusion of bigger chest, and the mint color and crochet detailing make this top a must-have.

These bathing suits hit all of this year’s major trends, so if you’re going away for spring break be sure to stock on a few of these. They can easily carry out into the summer. And if you’re not going away, that’s cool too. Hopefully these bikinis remind you of warmer, happier times. 

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11