The Importance Of Decision Making During Your 20’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

The importance of Decision Making during your 20’s

There’s a quote that says: “You are only a decision away from a different life.” Yeah, no pressure at all. But it’s true sometimes decisions have more than an impact in our well-rounded life than we would had thought about. We are making decision daily several times, sometimes we are so used to it we don’t even notice. Whatever you do now will have an impact on tomorrow, the week after and your future self always try to choose what you will be proud of while time passes by. I don’t believe that you should define your decision entirely on how your life is now, because anything can change in the blink of an eye, it’s best if you sit down and think what you want of the opportunity.

What I feel and think is a mistake commonly made is that sometimes we rely on other people to “help” us make up our minds about said decision and reality is sometimes even-thought it might seem like the contrary, not everybody truly wants what is best for you so be careful and always keep that in mind.

I’ve learned that in life sometimes you must be selfish, selfish with yourself and with your time in general. Don’t limit yourself to something because of somebody else. I know that by past, experience we may be a little scared as to what to decide, we want to be sure we are making the correct decision. If that is what you truly want go for it, for sure you will have yourself at the end of it all.

So please Collegiate, don’t ever forget the power you must change your life, to experience new things, to make dreams come true and to accomplish all you ever wanted to. Decision making it’s a very important matter and should not be taken lightly. There’s no right or wrong answer, there’s no right or wrong decision. This is something that whether is right or wrong is up to each and every one of us individually. Life’s path is about decision making, at the end our life will be a combination of all the small decision we made during our lifetime. At the end of the day you will be at the correct place and time.

Yarilix Santos is a senior undergraduate student majoring in Psychology. She is a DCP fall intern 2016  and research assistant. Loves to read, write and travel. In her free time you can find her either searching for new places to eat at Old San Juan or in a near coffee shop. She plans to go to grad school and study Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Undergraduate Psychology Student in Carlos Albizu in San Juan Creative, Friendly, Reliable. Love to read, write, draw and paint. You can find her exploring, studying and eating in at Old San Juan or traveling around Puerto Rico. Her plans are to graduate from psychology and find a job.