etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Campus Spring Break Survival Kit 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

In Puerto Rico, spring break is better known as “Semana Santa” or Holy Week, a time of sacrifice and remembrance of the Passion of the Christ.  While many families decide to spend this week going to church and reuniting with their other family members, it doesn’t mean that some of us didn’t have a little fun on the side.  Here’s three-step guide of what we did on our break while using some of our HC Survival Kit goodies:

1. Washed our hair with TRESemmé BEAUTY-FULL VOLUME Pre-wash Conditioner and Shampoo

• Ever wondered what it is like to use conditioner first and then shampoo?  It went pretty smooth for us!  Our hair looked luscious and clean.  This product is perfect for those who live within the hot Puerto Rico, as our scalps tend to produce more oil than usual as the seasons change to accomodate the summer heat.  Using conditioner first, kept our hair soft and manageable; while using shampoo later, washed the excess oil.  

2. Used our Milani Ultra-Fine Liquid Eye Liner

• No need to overdo it on the makeup with this hot climate!  We kept things simple by wearing our waterproof black sparkle eyeliner for a nice, simple touch!  There’s other colors too!

3.  On the go with our Vera Bradley Ella Tote + Zip ID cases

• From going to church, to breakfast at Grandma’s house, and relaxing on the sand at the beach, we definitely could not leave our beautiful Vera Bradley bag out of the guide!  This huge bag accomodated our makeup bags, car keys, cellphones, wallets and of course our Zip ID cases just in case we needed to get into that club later at night (*wink wink).  

Thank you to all of our sponsors for providing us with fun stuff for spring break!  Her Campus, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful community of leaders and powerful women!  

*Photo Courtesy by Google Images, Pinterest

Albizu Her Campus
Marcela Alvarez Alvarez is a 21-year-old psychology student at Albizu University located in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. She's the former Campus Correspondent and the founder of Her Campus Albizu. When she graduates, she plans to earn her doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in Clinical Neuropsychology.  Marcela enjoys reading, listening to k-pop (korean pop music) and watching beauty videos on YouTube. One of her many goals is to start a lifestyle magazine focusing on beauty, fashion, and how it influences mental health.