This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

“I want to apologize to all the women i have called pretty before I’ve called them intelligent or brave. I am sorry I made it sound as though something as simple as what you’re born with is the most you have to be proud of when your spirit has crushed mountains; from now on I will say things like you are resilient or you are extraordinary not because I don’t think you’re pretty but because you are so much more than that.” – Rupi Kaur.

We live in a world where the population is vastly composed of females. This fact makes me think how wonderful it would be if we started to empower one another instead of putting each other down. Listening to Beyonce’s “Who runs the World” makes me ponder on how we can, in fact, empower each other.

I have learned that loving myself and trusting each of my decisions has helped every relationship that matters in my life. Being a woman is magical. We give life. Our bodies are constantly changing. We are the fruit of life and life itself. I am surrounded by magical creatures every day and, because of them, I have known that united, we are capable of the most wonderful and amazing things. Let’s start by fixing each other’s crowns. It is by being our very best that we make incredible changes. In my opinion, there are 10 ways we can start this wonderful journey.

– trust yourself

– communicate

– be loyal

– honesty is the best policy

– empathy; everyone is different and the best gift we can give one another is understanding.

– enjoy the uniqueness

– hug frequently

– be there, BE PRESENT

– be positive

And lastly: Love. Love the person you are and who you will be. 

Love each and every single one of those women who keep fighting, who one way or another are by your side on this journey. It is not difficult and it is amazing. Let’s empower ourselves so that we can empower each other.

- Clinical Psychology PhD, Carlos Albizu Student - Born in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico; currently living in San Juan, Puerto Rico - 26 years of age - I love to travel, love animals and enjoy being with my family & friends
Albizu Her Campus