Best Youtube Channels for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

Four years of trying to learn and memorize concepts, theories, formulas and books can get a little overwhelming.  Usually, we love going on YouTube to procrastinate and find funny videos to take our minds off the stress, but did you know you can use it for both studying AND fun?  These five dynamic and interactive channels will make your learning experience better while exposing different material from your courses in an exciting way.  Check them out!

1. CrashCourse

• Crash Course has fit into 10-12 minute videos multiple lessons on economics, physics, philosophy, astronomy, politics, psychology, literature, biology…EVERYTHEME!  If you feel like you didn’t learn enough in school and need some additional tutoring with awesome graphics, humor and a cast full of knowledge about different topics, this is your channel.

2. The School of Life

• The School of Life is about “wisdom, emotional intelligence and self-understanding”.  This channel has beautifully crafted videos on different themes that influence our lives and that somehow we’ve lost touch with them,  Philosophy, political theory, history, sociology and many more; the knowledge gained from all these topics makes for a higher quality of thinking and better choices to make in our lives.  Extremely recommended to any young adult looking to expand their own self.  

3. DNews

• DNews focuses on many scientific topics of modern times and the latest news from technology, NASA, the White House, psychology, evolution and more!  If you wish to know more about space, the human body and how things play out in different circumstances, you need to check this channel!  Bonus: Check out TestTube News and TestTube Plus for a similar experience and more fun stuff to watch!

4. TED

• TED is an international community that organizes different events and conferences around the world to educate people on multiple topics, from everyday matters to medicine and technology.  On the videos, a public speaker will give presentations to a public, who listens intently and learns to look at things from a different perspective.  If you want to know how other people think and live, definitely check out this channel!

5. Thomas Frank

• Thomas Frank’s channel is actually called College Info Geek and what he publishes are videos on studying, habits and tips that can help you do better in your college classes and the studying that comes along with it.  He has multiple tips on productivity, motivation, strategies and even tools & resources to help make your learning experience successful.  Check this channel out if you can’t seem to find the way to study smart and to improve your college experience!
Marcela Alvarez Alvarez is a 21-year-old psychology student at Albizu University located in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. She's the former Campus Correspondent and the founder of Her Campus Albizu. When she graduates, she plans to earn her doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in Clinical Neuropsychology.  Marcela enjoys reading, listening to k-pop (korean pop music) and watching beauty videos on YouTube. One of her many goals is to start a lifestyle magazine focusing on beauty, fashion, and how it influences mental health.