jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 things that keep me motivated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albizu chapter.

Well, junior year has started and as a psych major, in Carlos Albizu University San Juan campus, it is sometimes a little bit stressful because for us, junior year is full of psych classes and at this point is where you really know if being a psychologist is going to be your thing. In CAU you never really notice the excellence of the institution until you reach junior year and see that you have to be at your best to come out alive through this whole process. Here are 3 things that get me going, especially this semester.

1. Even if you don’t see it now, you will in the future.          

Studying psychology makes you think a little bit more and you learn to analyze things a little bit better in terms of who you as a person. One of the things that I’ve learned is to always see the positive side of things like for instance, studying for an exam that is based on the abnormal behavior of an individual. You have to see it as a learning experience and actually do your best because you’ll use this knowledge to help someone in the future. This is always what I have wanted to do. I just love analyzing situations, people, and everything in life.

1. Organization is life-saving

I’ve seen that maintaining a calendar or a planner at hand. It has helped me to not miss important exam dates, hand in dates, and simple t things such as birthdays and other stuff. The planner helps me feel grounded and I personally love that feeling.

1. Set vision boards, career-wise

On the vision board, you can set maybe your dream graduate school or how your private practice will look like. Those are the things that you see in the morning right after you wake up from an all-nighter from studying for a midterm or doing a research paper. It can keep you motivated throughout the whole semester and can give you that push to work even harder to achieve that goal.

This is what I currently do and maybe if you don’t have the motivation for this semester, try new stuff to keep you going because the greatest satisfaction is when you graduate. When you’ve been working on something you love for about 5 years, you’ll know that everything has been worth it.

I'm a Psychology student from the Carlos Albizu University and I belong to 1 of the 4 chapters in Puerto Rico. I Joined Her Campus because of the benefit of educating others of issues regarding minor groups like women, women of color, LGBT etc. All of my goals in life involve in the wellness of other's. Everything I strive for as a writter for HerCampus in Albizu, is to educate other's and create awareness because even though we as a minority accomplished in the past couple of days, months, years, and decades there is still a lot to work to accomplish.
Albizu Her Campus