Winston Quildon: Project Shape & Disability Resource Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity, Winston Quildon. 

Where are you from?

I am from Brooklyn, New York. 

What is your major, year, and expected graduation date?

I am a Criminal Justice and Sociology major, Senior and May 2016. 

What are you involved in on campus?

I am the Secretary of Project SHAPE, I work in the Disability Resource Center, I am a brother of Kappa Alpha Pi, Co-ed Pre-Law Fraternity and I was recently inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society. 

How do you manage being so busy?

I keep a planner and always have it with me to schedule my life as I go on. I’m very busy so having a planner really helps. 

What are your plans after undergrad?

Well I am going to be attending graduate school here at Albany, I’ve already been accepted into the Criminal Justice BA/MA program. 

What do you do for fun?

I like to hang out with my friends, anywhere really. 

Favorite thing about UAlbany?

Being an EOP student. I loved my EOP Summer. I met so many people and because of being in EOP, I have been introduced to so many opportunities.

Favorite Quote?

“Where there is a will, there is a way.” I come from very humble beginnings and my mother and grandmother always taught me that I can do anything if I put my mind to it.

Advice for underclassmen?

Make the most of your experience here. Get involved!!

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!