A Weekly To-See List for Miami

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Miami, Florida is one of the best vacation spots for so many reasons. From beautiful beaches, to its vibrant nightlife and Art Deco landmarks, Miami draws in people from all over the world. Although there is sich a wide range of things to do, you can see so much of what the city has to offer in just a week. With this list, you won’t be running out of things to do.

1. South Beach

An absolute must for the first day of the week is going to relax and catch some rays on SoBe. Take in the sun, sea, and some sangria and you’re set for the day. Don’t forget your sunscreen though!

2. Ocean Drive

Head down to the most popular street for partying in the city: Ocean Drive. Prices are a little high, but if you go to any of the bars on the strip during Happy Hour you can get half priced cocktails served in glasses the size of your head.

3. Versace Mansion

The Versace Mansion is an impressively gaudy Mediterranean-style mansion turned hotel along Ocean Drive. For $50 you can have a tour of the famous fashion designer’s mansion, but you can see a lot just from the outside if you’re not willing to spend any money.

4. Little Havana

Little Havana is just a bus ride away from South Beach, and a completely different scene. Named after Cuba’s capital city, the neighbourhood offers plenty of traditional Cuban delicacies (including the strongest Cuban coffee!) and some cool art murals and monuments. Little Havana is great for a more cultural day out, with Cuban restaurants, fruit stalls, art galleries and even a Latin American Walk of Fame a la Hollywood.

5. The Everglades National Park

There are plenty of deals you can find in Miami offering a tour of the Everglades for as little as $40. The trip is likely to include transport to and from your hotel, an airboat tour of the swamps, an alligator show, and a nice stroll around the park. You even get the opportunity to hold a baby alligator!

6. Lincoln Road Mall

Lincoln Road Mall is the place to go for a bit of shopping when you get tired of sunbathing on the beach. With a range of stores including Zara, Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters, there’s something for everyone. The street also has numerous restaurants at reasonable prices, with a lot of places offering 25% off your food bill. From Italian cuisine, to Cuban and even Mexican, you won’t be stuck for choice.

7. South Point Park Pier

If you walk all the way down South Beach, you’ll eventually find yourself at South Point Park Pier. The Pier is a short, pretty walk out into the sea, and the ocean is the bluest you will ever see it. The beach next to the pier is a lot quieter and more relaxed than further downtown, perfect for a chilled out afternoon away from the crowds.

Edited by Toni Moy

(Photo Sources: Sophie Dunne and licolnroadmall.com)

Tabby is a 3rd year student at Swansea University in the UK, currently on a year abroad at the University at Albany, New York. She studies English & American Studies, and is the Travel & Study Abroad blogger at Her Campus Albany. She absolutely loves to travel, having already visited a number of cities in the U.S. and Canada since arriving last summer, including Boston, Chicago, Montreal and Washington D.C. Tabby also enjoys music, shopping, eating a lot of food (and instagramming said food) and excessively watching Netflix. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism once she graduates in 2016, having done some work experience previously at Microsoft MSN and now working for HC. http://instagram.com/tabbyduff 
Sophie is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, England. She is studying American Studies and would love a career in Journalism or Public Relations (preferably while living in NYC). Sophie has been a Fashion Blogger at HC Nottingham since she started at the University at Nottingham in 2012/13. She was also a Publicity Intern during her second year at HC Nottingham in 2013/14. She was a Campus Correspondent during her year abroad for HC Albany as well as contributing to writing for HC Nottingham. She is currently the Head of Publicity for Her Campus, as well as continuing to write fashion blogs. She is a self proclaimed fashion and make-up addict and she also enjoys travelling, reading, (excessively) watching TV shows and films, music, shopping and of course writing for Her Campus!