The Ultimate Road Trip Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Road trips with friends or family can be fun and are a great way to travel. What makes it even more exciting is the music that everyone can sing along to. Here is a list of songs to get you through any road trip. 

“Shut Up and Drive” by Rihanna

“Shut up and drive, drive, drive.”

“Soak Up The Sun” by Sheryl Crow

“I’m gonna soak up the sun, gonna tell everyone to lighten up.”

“Hit the Road Jack” by Ray Charles

“Hit the road Jack and don’t you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.”

“Life Is a Highway” by Rascal Flatts

“Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long. If you’re going my way, I wanna drive it all night long.”

“Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey

“Don’t stop believin’, hold on to that feelin’. Streetlights, people, ohhhhhhh.”

“Highway to Hell” by AC/DC

“No stop signs, speed limit. Nobody’s gonna slow me down. Like a wheel, gonna spin it. Nobody’s gonna mess me around.”

“Ridin’” by Chamillionaire

“They see me rollin’, they hatin’, Patrolling, they tryin’ to catch me ridin’ dirty.”

“A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton

“Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass, and I’m homebound.”

“Livin’ On A Prayer” by Bon Jovi

“Woah, we’re half way there., Woah, livin’ on a prayer. Take my hand, we’ll make it I swear. Woah, livin’ on a prayer.”

“Dancing Queen” by ABBA

“You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life. See that girl, watch that scene, digging the Dancing Queen.”

“Since U Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson

“But since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time. I’m so moving on, yeah yeah. Thanks to you now I get what I want. Since you been gone.”

“Hey Ya” by Outkast

“You think you’ve got it, oh, you think you’ve got it. But got it just don’t get it when there’s nothing at all.”

“Piano Man” by Billy Joel

“Sing us a song you’re the piano man. Sing us a song tonight. Well we’re all in the mood for a melody and you’ve got us feeling alright.”

“Rocket Man” by Elton John

“Rocket man, burning out his fuse up here alone.”

“Imagine” by John Lennon

“Imagine there’s no heaven. It’s easy if you try. No hell below us, above us only sky. Imagine all the people, living for today…”

“Rolling in the Deep” by Adele

“We could’ve had it all, rolling in the deep.”

“Rock and Roll All Nite” by KISS

“I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day.”

“Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne

“I’ve listened to the preachers, I’ve listened to fools. I’ve watched all the dropouts, who make their own rules. One person conditioned to rule and control, the media sells it and you live the role.”

“American Pie” by Don McLean

“Bye, bye Miss American Pie, drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry. And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singing this’ll be the day that I die.”

Edited by Tony Moy 

(Picture Source: Huffington Post)

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!
Sophie is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, England. She is studying American Studies and would love a career in Journalism or Public Relations (preferably while living in NYC). Sophie has been a Fashion Blogger at HC Nottingham since she started at the University at Nottingham in 2012/13. She was also a Publicity Intern during her second year at HC Nottingham in 2013/14. She was a Campus Correspondent during her year abroad for HC Albany as well as contributing to writing for HC Nottingham. She is currently the Head of Publicity for Her Campus, as well as continuing to write fashion blogs. She is a self proclaimed fashion and make-up addict and she also enjoys travelling, reading, (excessively) watching TV shows and films, music, shopping and of course writing for Her Campus!