This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

As the semester starts to wind down I am feeling exhausted. Between work, school, and dance practice I feel as if I have no time to myself! I’m a junior in college, but I have still yet to find the perfect balance. 

I’ve realized a sleepy me equals a cranky me. Everyone knows that when I haven’t gotten any sleep it’s best to stay clear. I’m trying to work on not letting sleep get the best of me, but as of now sleep is winning. I know that eating habits and exercise habits can also influence sleep in a positive or negative way, so I’m trying to be more consious of that. Hopefully I can find my perfect balance soon.

To all my people feeling tired and cranky, keep your head up! We all need to work on better sleeping habits and dedicating time to ourselves, especially in college. It’s hard to get the proper amount of sleep when you feel like you’re being pulled in so many directions, but making slow changes to better your sleeping habits will cause better results in the long run. 

My name is Daria and I am currently a junior at SUNY Albany. I am studying biology and hope to, one day, become a nurse practitioner.