Three ways to have a better day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Have you ever woken up on the wrong side of the bed? Waking up feeling grouchy as ever or just so fatigued it’s difficult to get through the rest of your day? Well here are some useful tips to help you see the bright side of things. Her Campus presents… Three ways to have a better day. 

Having a better day begins with the day before and sleep is a key determinant in understanding how we will deal with the day we have ahead. This leads me to my first tip…

1. Get a good nights sleep. 

Some people may feel that 24 hours is just not enough time to be productive throughout the day with a busy work schedule who has time to relax? This results in cramming and procrastination of the days work until1, 2 and sometimes 3 am leaving us with 4-6 hours of rest 2-4 hours less the amount of time recommended by doctors! A better sleep at night will have you feeling energized and positive in the morning. 

2. Stretch or Practice Yoga 

Stretching in the morning or practicing yoga reduces stress levels by at least 50% lowering the chances of stress being the cause of your bad day. Stretching allows for energy and positive chakras to migrate throughout the body revitalizing your senses and strengthening your mental capacity. Lower stress levels combined with great energy means a great day. working out and being active in the gym can also elicit this effect. 

3. Eat a well-balanced breakfast 

What we eat plays a major role on our emotions. Sugary foods and unhealthy items can elicit negative emotions, these emotions can draw the line between a good and bad day healthier foods promote positivity and activity through out the day giving people a great outlook on the day ahead. 

I hope these three tips helped!!! use them and let me know how well they work. 

Ashanti Dunn

Albany '18

.