This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

You know those songs that just make you want to look out the window and shed a tear? Well, here is a list of some of my favorite sad songs.

“Yours”- Ella Henderson

“And I will fight my strength to untape my mouth when I used to be afraid of the words, but with you I’ve learnt just to let it out. Now my heart is ready to burst…”

“Gone”- Lianne la Havas

“I heard enough fairy tales back in my youth, so just stop biting your nails and take the painful truth.”

“Say Something”- A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera

“And I am feeling so small. It was over my head I know nothing at all.”

“Fix You”- Coldplay

“Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones. And I will try to fix you.”

“Time After Time”- Cyndi Lauper

“If you’re lost you can look and you will find me, time after time.”

“I Will Remember You”- Sarah McLachlan

“I will remember you, will you remember me? Don’t let your life pass you by, weep not for the memories.”

“Dance With My Father”- Luther Vandross

“If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him. I’d play a song that would never, ever end. How I’d love love love to dance with my father again.”

“Someone Like You”- Adele

“I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited, but I couldn’t stay away I couldn’t fight it. I had hoped you’d see my face and that you’d be reminded that for me it isn’t over.”

“Don’t Forget”- Demi Lovato

“Did you forget that I was even alive? Did you forget everything we ever had? Did you forget, did you forget ’bout me?”

“Stay With Me”- Sam Smith

“Oh, won’t you stay with me? Cause you’re all I need. This ain’t love it’s clear to see, but darling stay with me.”

Edited by Toni Moy

(Photo Sources: Hellogiggles.com)

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!
Sophie is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, England. She is studying American Studies and would love a career in Journalism or Public Relations (preferably while living in NYC). Sophie has been a Fashion Blogger at HC Nottingham since she started at the University at Nottingham in 2012/13. She was also a Publicity Intern during her second year at HC Nottingham in 2013/14. She was a Campus Correspondent during her year abroad for HC Albany as well as contributing to writing for HC Nottingham. She is currently the Head of Publicity for Her Campus, as well as continuing to write fashion blogs. She is a self proclaimed fashion and make-up addict and she also enjoys travelling, reading, (excessively) watching TV shows and films, music, shopping and of course writing for Her Campus!