Simple Winter Skin Care!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

It is that time of the year again! With the brutally brick Albany winter weather rapidly approaching us, it is time for us to prepare and be ready to guard our skin against the agonizing wind gusts that cause our skin and lips to chap. When your skin is top-notch, it will not just look effortlessly gorgeous but your makeup will glide on seamlessly also. Here are some simple and easy-to-follow skincare routine you can take to look and feel better this winter.

Drink Up, Skin!

Show your skin some love through lots of moisturizers and hydrating oils. Perhaps the most simple and facile way to protect your skin would be by moisturizing after washing your face twice a day. Moisturizing is the most basic step you can take to achieve healthy and supple skin. With innumerable options out in the market today, it can be hard to find the right match for our individual skin-type and needs. Therefore, it is best to start with something unscented and lightweight to see how your skin would react. The

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, is a catch-all moisturizer for lasting hydration on all skin types–oily, dry, combination, sensitive, even troublesome skin and eczema. On the other hand, if you are someone who prefers natural dry skin remedies, make coconut oil your best friend this season. Opt for an organic and unrefined jar of virgin coconut oil like this one by Nutiva.

Lip Care

Chapped lips are uncomfortable and does not feel or look good on anyone. If you are going to be outdoors this winter, try the Beeswax Lip Balm, infused with vitamin E and peppermint by Burt’s Bee. If you are feeling fancy, try the tinted lip balms by Fresh Cosmetics. This cult-favorite is infused with SPF so it is perfect for wintertime sunshine. What better way to prime your lips for a luscious lip color than to apply a silky layer of velvety goodness.

Try Some Toner

An efficient toner can help wipe off all the dirt and sebum accumulated on your skin throughout the day. Sometimes, washing your face only removes what is on the surface–whereas using a toner can help clean your skin pores-deep. Try Mario Badescu’s Glycolic Acid Toner for well rested looking skin that can fool anyone. Although toners can be drying, applying an alcohol-free one before your moisturizer can help keep your skin free of acne yet plump with moisture.

Are you ready to take your skincare routine to the next level? It is not hard to change up your day to night skincare routine, especially if the results are so rewarding. Besides, why not spend that extra 10 minutes on skincare before bed so you can look even more vivacious in the morning.

Chineze, is the former President of Her Campus Albany (2016-2018). Keep up with with her on Instagram: @browneyedblues, and subscribe to her YouTube channel! youtube.com/c?browneyedblues