This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Meet Nakima.  She’s a sophomore here at the University from Brooklyn, with an intended Social Welfare major, and a minor in Education.  Nakima plans on starting out with a career in social work, and eventually moving forward to changing education policies. 

Q: What are you involved in on campus?

A: I’m a part of Middle Earth where I’m a peer career advisor, secretary for Service is Key- a community service education, and a part of Umoja dance team.

Q: What are some of your hobbies?

A: When I’m not busy, I like to rest and just listen to music.

Q: Something we don’t know about you?

I’m a vegetarian, since like- forever. No meat, ever.

Q: What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?

I don’t want to go to work today.

Q: Why did you choose Albany?

A: Always heard that Albany’s campus was nice, it looked pretty at first.  It wasn’t my first choice.

Q: What’s your best quality?

A: My hair, I have had dreads since I was six. 

Q: Favorite spot on campus?

A: My room- when there’s no one else around. 

Q: What have you enjoyed most during your time here at Albany?

A: Meeting some of my closest friends- I think I’ll be close with them for a long time.  Getting to network, and stepping out of my comfort zone, I’ve done a lot here that I never would have thought to do.

Q: If you could fly anywhere tomorrow (free of charge), where would you go and why?

A: Hawaii- I’ve never been there.  The grass skirts and the flowers in the hair.

Keep up with Nakima- Instagram- @callmekeezus

Chineze, is the former President of Her Campus Albany (2016-2018). Keep up with with her on Instagram: @browneyedblues, and subscribe to her YouTube channel! youtube.com/c?browneyedblues
Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!