This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Maya Angelou has impacted my life today because she inspired me to write. Ever since I watched the movie Poetic Justice and heard her poems recited, I fell in love with writing. Maya Angelou is so smooth and creative. She speaks about what’s within people’s hearts and empowers them. Her words of encouragement make you feel good about yourself and gives you that push to strive for your goals. Her poems uplift your spirits with the sound of her mellow tone. Her words make you want to get up and do something productive. Some of her poems speak about powerful women, love, and encouragement. She has a poem for every situation. Maya Angelou is the reason I took a chance at writing and it turns out I am creative. I know if I keep going I will be just as great as she was. My favorite quote from her is, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

My name is Omni Cierra Latimer. I am 23 years old. I am a Leo. My passion is writing and I want to work for a blog in the future.