etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Keeping In Touch With Your College Friends Over Summer Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

We come to college and build awesome friendships with a lot of people. These people come from different walks of life and they may not be from the same place as us. When we go home it’s often easy to get caught up in home life and lose contact with these friends. Here are some ways to keep in touch with your college friends.

Phone Calls

In this day and age texting has become the norm. Some of us are not capable of holding a five minute conversation over the phone. Phone calls actually show someone that you care. You want to hear their voice and you miss them. A short phone call to ask about the weather or a long call to talk about what happened during the week is nice.

FaceTime or Skype

If you have a friend that lives three hours away from you and you’re longing to see them, give them a FaceTime or Skype call. You’ll be speaking with them face to face and it’ll be like you’re together once again.

Write Letters

Yes, I know stamps are very expensive and you’d rather send a long text message, but there’s something about getting to open a letter in the mail that makes people happy. Maybe write a letter once a month for the three months that you’ll be away from school. It shouldn’t cost that much money.

Visit

Make plans with your friend. If you’re able to drive, take a bus or a train, take the time out and visit your friend. A weekend of fun is bound to happen when you’re around your college friends. 

Plan A Trip

Summer is a great time to take a week or weekend trip. If you couldn’t be with your friends during Spring Break, this is the perfect time for a trip to happen.

Have Fun

Edited by Toni Moy

(Photo Sources: voice-actions.com, slashgear.com, wikihow.com, bupipedream.com, smartflyer.com)

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!
Sophie is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, England. She is studying American Studies and would love a career in Journalism or Public Relations (preferably while living in NYC). Sophie has been a Fashion Blogger at HC Nottingham since she started at the University at Nottingham in 2012/13. She was also a Publicity Intern during her second year at HC Nottingham in 2013/14. She was a Campus Correspondent during her year abroad for HC Albany as well as contributing to writing for HC Nottingham. She is currently the Head of Publicity for Her Campus, as well as continuing to write fashion blogs. She is a self proclaimed fashion and make-up addict and she also enjoys travelling, reading, (excessively) watching TV shows and films, music, shopping and of course writing for Her Campus!