If You Like Piña Coladas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Kay’s Simple’N’Easy Twisted Pina Colada

If you like pinaaaaaaa coladassssssss. Here’s a quick and easy cocktail recipe that I personally love! Great for those nights with the girls of shared laughter and great food or for those nights where you just want to relax and do the Netflix’N’Chill thing with a bag of popcorn, your blanket and bed as your chill partners. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!

serves 4-6                     Time: 20 minutes or less

Ingredients

●           1 can of Cream of Coconut (Preferred brands: Coco Lopez, Grace or Iberia)

●           2 6 Fl-Oz cans of pineapple juice (Preferred brand: Dole)

●           2 scoops of vanilla ice cream

●           Maraschino cherries or pineapple for garnish

●           Recommended Liquor: Ciroc Pineapple, Ciroc Peach or Svedka Mango Pineapple

Supplies Needed

●           Blender

●           Ice cream scooper or spoon

●           Can opener

Directions

1.         Open the can of Cream of Coconut and place it in the blender. Blend the cream of coconut first before adding any other ingredients to the blender for about one minute.

2.         Add the two cans of pineapple juice and blend again for another minute. It’s going to start to smell like some good good.

3.         Take two scoops of ice cream and blend it with the cream of coconut and pineapple juice mixture. Taste to see if you added enough ice cream; it may just need one more scoop!

4.         Add desired alcohol to the mix and blend one last time for another minute.

5.         Now, pour it out, garnish it up and ENJOY!

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!