This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Brooklyn Bridge

First on the list is the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Constructed way back in 1883, the bridge stands at almost 500 metres long and connects the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn. For a true tourist experience, you can walk or cycle down the bridge and take in the breath-taking views of the Manhattan skyline.

Top of the Rock

The Rockefeller Center is a huge tourist destination, with its observation deck open all year round to the public. During the Winter season, make your way through the bustling crowds to the ice skating rink in Rockefeller Plaza, and see the world famous Christmas tree. For $30 you can take an elevator ride all the way to the top of the Rock and see the beautiful panoramic views of the city – the Empire State Building and One World Trade Center on one side and Central Park on the other. Time it right and you can watch New York go from a sunny afternoon, to witnessing the sun set and the sparkling lights of Manhattan come to life.

Central Park

Central Park is another place for NYC tourists to visit. Located in the heart of the city, the park spans for 2.5 miles long and takes you away from the commotion of the streets of Manhattan. There’s plenty to see and do within the park, from the Strawberry Fields memorial to John Lennon, to the historic Belvedere Castle, and even the Central Park Zoo.

Grand Central Terminal

Seen in many movies and on TV, Grand Central is an iconic station within the city. Although it’s almost guaranteed to be busy (because it’s an actual station for people catching trains, after all) it is absolutely worth a visit. With its stunning décor and exquisitely painted constellation on the ceiling, the historical station is truly ‘grand’. Be sure to check out the food court too – the Oyster Bar is a must.

Times Square

The tackiness and gaudiness of Times Square is what makes it so wonderful. Brightly lit by numerous billboards and advertisements, the square is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city, drawing in over 39 million visitors a year. Take photos with life-sized characters from your favourite Disney movies, or perhaps someone dressed up as the Statue of Liberty. Witness street dancers, or even hypnosis right outside Bubba Gump’s. With a ton of shops and restaurants, you won’t run out of places to go in Times Square. 

Edited by Toni Moy 

(Picture Sources: googleimages and pinterest)

Tabby is a 3rd year student at Swansea University in the UK, currently on a year abroad at the University at Albany, New York. She studies English & American Studies, and is the Travel & Study Abroad blogger at Her Campus Albany. She absolutely loves to travel, having already visited a number of cities in the U.S. and Canada since arriving last summer, including Boston, Chicago, Montreal and Washington D.C. Tabby also enjoys music, shopping, eating a lot of food (and instagramming said food) and excessively watching Netflix. She hopes to pursue a career in Journalism once she graduates in 2016, having done some work experience previously at Microsoft MSN and now working for HC. http://instagram.com/tabbyduff 
Sophie is a 4th year student at the University of Nottingham, England. She is studying American Studies and would love a career in Journalism or Public Relations (preferably while living in NYC). Sophie has been a Fashion Blogger at HC Nottingham since she started at the University at Nottingham in 2012/13. She was also a Publicity Intern during her second year at HC Nottingham in 2013/14. She was a Campus Correspondent during her year abroad for HC Albany as well as contributing to writing for HC Nottingham. She is currently the Head of Publicity for Her Campus, as well as continuing to write fashion blogs. She is a self proclaimed fashion and make-up addict and she also enjoys travelling, reading, (excessively) watching TV shows and films, music, shopping and of course writing for Her Campus!