The Grammy’s were over a week ago… and i’m STILL not over Beyonce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

It has been almost four weeks ago since Beyoncé broke the internet on the first day of February with a picture announcing her pregnancy with not only one baby girl or boy but TWINS! Her picture went viral in what seemed like seconds and everyone was forced to see it on their social media feeds whether they were a Beyoncé fan or not. With more than 10 million likes and counting, this was Instagram’s most liked picture in history.

A day after posting this picture, Beyoncé went on to post a photo album on her official website full of never before seen pictures from her pregnancy with her daughter Blue Ivy, her husband (Jay-Z) and Mama Tina.  Also included on the site are more pictures from her new pregnancy shoot that are a must see! Quickly after the world was sent into a frenzy, people began to question her Grammy performance as well as her Coachella performance scheduled in April. The big night finally came, the Grammy’s! Countless entertainment websites and shows were talking about Beyoncé and trying to figure out what on earth the very pregnant Beyoncé could do on stage and if she could deliver, and of course, she never disappoints. Beyoncé opened her performance with beautiful poetry and visuals showcasing strength and empowerment of motherhood. She paid homage to the West African Goddess Oshun, the Goddess of love, purity, prosperity, order and fertility while performing two songs from her album Lemonade, “Love Drought” and “Sandcastles” for the first time. Her performance was definitely the most talked about performance on Grammy night. Following the show,  Countless memes surfaced social media in reaction to Beyoncé never coming short of overtopping what people thought was her best work.