This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Just kidding, you’re almost there…the only thing stopping you is getting through finals week and going home to spend the holidays with your loved ones. Here are some tips to help you get through the next week.

1. Turn off your phone:

You know this is one of your biggest distractions of all time. So why not cut it out of your life for a few hours? Just turn it off. If you can’t do that delete all of your social media apps. Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter will still exist right after you take your exam.

2. Talk to somebody:

Being able to talk about life with someone else really elevates the stress that you are enduring. Spending time with people gives us an energy boost. So call your mom or talk to your RA or suitemates. Talk to someone. Texting doesn’t count at all.

3. STOP:

After about two hours of hard studying, your brain starts to wander and give up on you. It’s best to take 10 minute breaks every hour or so. Stretch. Refresh. Breathe. Repeat. Your mind won’t burn out quite as quickly this way.

4. Go outside:

You can’t stay inside all day and expect to remain sane. Fresh air will help reduce your stress almost immediately.

5. EAT:

You have to nourish those brain cells, especially if you’re sleeping less than you usually do. Buy some fruits. Stop being cheap and order some food if the dining hall is closed. If you have a car, go to Wendy’s and get the 4 for $4.  

6. Find your space:

Go to the library. If the library isn’t your thing, that’s cool. Try dedicating a space to studying and stick with it. Avoid your bed or the couch, those places are associated with relaxation and are counterproductive to your studying attempts. Trust me, I’ve learned the hard way.

7. GO TO BED:

All the caffeine in the world can’t replace a good night’s sleep. Make sure you’re getting your rest. I know some people may see this as unrealistic, but take power naps. Pulling all-nighters on Adderall isn’t good for your body.

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!