nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Getting Involved on Campus: Why is it Important?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Everyone always says college is about networking, but no one ever tells you how to network! Yes, you can get to know one of your professors, but we all know that can be very intimidating. Networking with a student can also be super intimidating, no matter how friendly she (or he) may seem.

The best way to network is to be in a networking setting! What do I mean by this, you ask. A networking setting can be a school club/organization, job fair, etc. Everyone in this setting has the mindset of being social and meeting new people so you don’t have to worry about “bothering” them. 

It is important to be active on campus. It does not matter the activity because you can meet many different people in many different clubs/organizations. If your university or college is having a fair that showcases all the organizations on campus make sure to go. Try an org that you may have never considered joining.

The first step to putting yourself out there is getting out there! Do not be afraid to find what interests you and use it to your advantage!

My name is Daria and I am currently a junior at SUNY Albany. I am studying biology and hope to, one day, become a nurse practitioner.
N/A