Favorite Black TV Couples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

1)Florida and James: Good Times

Living in the projects, with three kids and during hard times? It’s a wonder how they make their relationship work, but it does.

2)         Clair and Cliff: The Cosby Show

A doctor and a lawyer with five children, a lot of drama, but a lot of love. So romantic, talk about relationship goals.

3)         Whitley and Dwayne: A Different World

From the first episode, no one would have ever thought that these two would get together. Even when they started dating there was so much drama, but in the end their love is beautiful.

4)Gina and Martin: Martin

Probably the funniest couple on this list, Martin and Gina understand each other and are always there for each other. Even in their ups and down, their love stays strong.

5)         Max and Kyle: Living Single

The most dysfunctional couple on this list. To this day, I still don’t know if they’re a couple, but in some odd, strange way, they love each other.

6)         Overton & Sinclair: Living Single

The silliest couple on this list, but they are perfect for each other.

7)         Jay and Michael: My Wife & Kids

There is never a dull moment with these two and their three kids. It’s always quite hectic and crazy, but they keep their love strong and humorous.

8)         Wanda & Bernie: The Bernie Mac Show

It would put a strain on a lot of couples relationship if all of a sudden their husband or wife was responsible for their nieces and nephews. That didn’t stop their love for each other.

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!