Draft Season: Hmph Baby It’s Cold Outside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

The fall weather is hitting fast. It was just 70 to 80 degrees about a week ago. The weather in Albany is not to play with. The nighttime weather is ridiculous we have already hit 30 degrees. So, it’s time for you to find a boo. It’s the perfect time for “cuffing season.” Who wants to cuddle when it’s blazing hot outside anyway? Freshmen, you probably don’t feel this way but us juniors and seniors are getting old. We’re getting tired of going out to parties every single weekday and weekend. Don’t y’all get tired of going out and getting drunk just to dance on some guys you’ll most likely won’t give the time of day when you’re sober?

It’s time to retire that lively lifestyle and get yourself a boo, bae, boo thang or whatever you want to call them, pronto! There’s a difference between a guy you see potential in and the guy that just wants you to give him the goods. Find someone that you can actually bond with. Or I mean if you want a FB, then go ahead and have some fun. You don’t have to listen to me but trust me, you don’t want to get caught by your lonesome watching Netflix this winter season. By the way, this winter is going to be one of the harshest ones so I hope you’ve prepared by all means. If you can’t find a cuddle buddy for this year, you better get one of those giant teddy bears from Walmart or a heating blanket. There’s always next winter for the ones who can’t find anybody. However, if you want a boo, here are some helpful tips from some of your colleagues:

1.         Make your intentions known. Let them know what you want from the start.

2.         Make sure your “boo thang” is someone you won’t get tired of quickly, find somebody that has substance, someone that has more to offer than just their looks.

3.         You MUST have time for this person. I mean obviously school comes first before anything but if you have time to chill after you get all of your work done then go ahead and text that person.

4.         If you’re lucky and your “cuffing” turns into an actual relationship, pat yourself on the back. But if it doesn’t don’t be down, you’re a beautiful individual. Someone great will come along your way!

5.         Last but not least, please use protection. I’ve seen way too many people get pregnant or heard of people catching something…and it’s not the common cold so wrap it up!

I hope these tips help some of you out. Stay safe and stay warm!

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!