This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Dear Upperclassmen, 

Congrats!  You finally did it.  Time really flies huh?

How are we already so old?  Wasn’t freshmen orientation just the other day?  Okay.  So let’s face it, time is something that we cannot control.  We’ve survived the dog days, and now we have something to show for it.  After 2 or 3 years at school, our time in college is winding down.  Although it’s bittersweet, remember how lucky you are to have been blessed with this opportunity. 

So where do we go from here?  In your last couple of semesters, make sure to leave an impact.  Whether it’s continuing to pursue a leadership role on campus or giving back to the community, make the most out of your last college years.  Cherish the times that you have with your friends.  College is great for the simple fact that all your friends live within 20 minutes of walking distance or less.  Keep things drama free.

Be open to meeting new people.  Encourage freshmen to get involved.  How upperclassmen react to certain situations have an impact on how new freshmen will react.  I’m sure most, if not all of us have seen how much of an example we set for others. 

For the seniors, this is your last fall semester as an undergraduate.  Enjoy your last homecoming tailgate, football game, Halloween, and make sure to stay on track!  Yes, the future and what lies ahead after graduation may be scary, but just remember to take it easy.  Cool off stress by talking to friends, trying new things in the area, or even finding a new hobby.  Don’t procrastinate or wait until the last minute to study, you know all too well by now that not only is that not as effective as preparing in advance, but it also tends to make you more stressed out. Other than that, you got this.

Sincerely,

A fellow upperclassmen 

Chineze, is the former President of Her Campus Albany (2016-2018). Keep up with with her on Instagram: @browneyedblues, and subscribe to her YouTube channel! youtube.com/c?browneyedblues
Ashanti Dunn

Albany '18

.