A collegiate’s guide to surviving Homecoming: Fashion Advice and some other key tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

It’s about that time. Homecoming 2018 is around the corner and I bet you guys are having trouble deciding whom you are going with, where you are going, and how you are going to look. Now it is October, fall season so NO SKIN should be out. You are going to be cold for sure, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still look cute. You can look on many different websites for ideas on what to wear like: Fashion Nova, Misguided or Shein. These sites are very affordable and have the latest styles. You can also look on Pinterest.com for different ways to style your look.

Now, you shouldn’t wear heels when u know you are going to be on your feet all day and night. If you do, make sure u have a pair of comfortable shoes in your bag. If you don’t bring them with you, then you should wear comfortable shoes going to your destination. Shoes with a flat heel or wedge will probably be your best bet to wear on your feet. If this is your first homecoming, here are a few tips I would recommend:

1. Make sure you know where you are going. Get familiar with the area before hand and always be aware of your surroundings.
  2. Go out with a group of people, 5 or more. Never stay alone and always have someone with you.
  3. If you are going to drink at a party, be careful what you drink and who gives it to you. If you happen to put your cup down for any reason, leave it there and get a new drink. You never know if someone put something in it.
  4. If you are the designated driver, try not to drink so much. You are responsible for the people who you are with and have to take them home.
  5. Make sure you have enough money with you at all times. Never know if there is an emergency and you need to find transportation to get home.

6. Lastly have a good time. Turn up with your friends and make this homecoming one to remember.

My name is Omni Cierra Latimer. I am 23 years old. I am a Leo. My passion is writing and I want to work for a blog in the future.
My name is Daria and I am currently a junior at SUNY Albany. I am studying biology and hope to, one day, become a nurse practitioner.