This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Meet this week’s campus celebrity, Adedotun Oni.  Dotun is a senior, graduating in May, and enjoys playing video games, hanging out with his friends, and just enjoying life.  He’s from Hollis, Queens, and is also Nigerian.

Q: What’s your major?

A: I’m a double major in Africana Studies and Human Biology

Q: What do you want to do with that?

A: Well, nothing related to either of those majors, actually.  I plan on studying software engineering after I graduate in May.  I’ve always had a love for computers- and I was one of those kids who kind of did something only because my parents told me to.  That’s how I felt with my biology major, I wish I had changed my mind earlier. 

Q: What are you involved in on campus?

A: I’m a part of reslife, where I serve as a Community Service Assistant on Indian, and a member of MAPS- the Minority Association for Pre-Medical Students.

Q: What about off campus?

A: On the side, I’m apart of a startup company- MajorBuzz LLC.  It’s an app development company focused on making life easier for the average college student.  This will be by a series of apps, first starting with food ordering.  Albany is ranked #2 in the country for late night food ordering.  The app is finally developing stages, and we hope to release it sometime this semester.

Q: What’s your favorite thing about at UAlbany?

A: I’d have to say the people I was able to meet.  I was originally supposed to go to Buffalo, and if I went there I would have never met the people that I did here.

Q: Least favorite thing?

A: The cold.  I don’t like cold weather.  At all.

Q: What would you say your best quality/trait is?

I’m very caring.  I’d rather show than tell.  You’ll just know.

Q: What’s your key to success?

A: Work hard, and good things will come your way.

Q: Piece of advice to freshmen?

A: Don’t pick your major based on what your parents want you to do.  Make the best choice for you, a major that will make you happy.  I realized too late into my college career, don’t make the same mistake I did.

Keep up with Dotun on Instagram:

@totally_tune

Follow MajorBuzz LLC on Instagram:

@zoombetoapp

Chineze, is the former President of Her Campus Albany (2016-2018). Keep up with with her on Instagram: @browneyedblues, and subscribe to her YouTube channel! youtube.com/c?browneyedblues
Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!