6 Things You’ll Need During Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Here are some of the necessities that are needed for Hallowween 10/31/15

Reliable Hair Products

You will be dressing up as another character and you need your hair to be just right! Try using a product like TRESemmé’s Wave Creation Sea Foam or their Sea Salt Spray. These products will make your hair look beautiful and it will hold up throughout the excitement of the night. 

Long Lasting Makeup

If you’re planning on wearing your costume throughout the day and night, it’s very important that you have makeup that last long.  A brand like NYC New York Color has products, especially eye makeup that will do the job! You won’t have to worry about applying your makeup daily. 

A Warm Drink

Halloween is in October and October in Albany is very cold. Make some tea or coffee and for an extra kick add a sweetener. Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener is a good choice to add that sweet flavor to your tea or coffee. 

Costume Extras

So you went to the store and got your Kim K costume, but you want to add a bit more flare to it. You want it to be as glamorous as she is. Get some fake jewels, glue and glitter and make it happen. Martha Stewart Crafts has the ultimate glitter set that will have you on your way to the best costume. 

A Sturdy, Yet Fashionable Bag

It’s going to be a long day so you’ll need to have everything with you. Your hair products, makeup, thermos and glitter should all go in one bag. Make sure it’s a sturdy enough bag that the handles wont break. Also make sure that it is fashionable enough that you’d want to wear it again and it can probably even go with your costume. MZ Wallace makes sturdy and fashionable bags to fit your needs. 

A Hearty Meal

After you’re finished trick-or-treating you’d want a delicious meal. Head over to Chipotle, but don’t forget to wear your costume because on Halloween at Chipotle you get 50% off your purchase. So have fun and eat well. 

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!