Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Unfollwed Kate Middleton and Prince William on Instagram and Here's Why

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry unfollowed Kensington Royal, aka Prince William and Kate Middleton, on Instagram. But these aren't the only royal accounts they won't be double tapping on. The couple also unfollowed Clarence House, which is Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall's account, Princess Eugenie, Prince Andrew and The Royal Family, which is the account for the Queen and other royal family members. 

Before anyone freaks out about a royal family exile, they actually did the mass unfollow in support of mental health. Because May is Mental Health Awareness Month, the couple decided they would only follow accounts that promote mental and physical well-being during this month. This is part of their new Instagram identity, where they change their following list every month in support of different charities and causes. 

May is Mental Health Awareness Month in the US and May 13-19 is Mental Health Awareness Week in the UK. To pay tribute to all of the incredible work people across the globe are doing in this space, we are hoping to shine a light on several Instagram accounts that promote mental well-being, mental fitness, body positivity, self-care, and the importance of human connection - to not just hear each other, but to listen. There are countless organisations doing amazing work for mental health - please consider the accounts we’ve highlighted as a small snapshot of this global support network. We are all in this together. We invite you to explore the extraordinary stories of strength, and the commitment to kindness as seen in the above accounts. Each month we will honour this same concept and change the accounts we solely follow based on a different theme or cause. Please go to our homepage and click “following” to see each of the select accounts and find out more about their work. Please note: Images shared are from some of the handles we are now following

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

The couple stated in an Instagram post "Each month we will honour the same concept and change the accounts we solely follow based on a different theme or cause." They are currently only following 16 accounts, while they are followed by 5.4 million.