Style

5 Pieces of Inspo For Denim on Denim Doubters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alaska chapter.

Some people are extremly critical when it comes to how you match your tops with your bottoms. It seems we have shunned out all things gray on gray, navy on black (I actually don’t see any problem with this one, in fact I quite like it) and God forbid we wear denim on denim. For those who are weary of the latter, don’t be. It can actually be an appealing combo if you do it right. Here is a little inspiration to get you started. 

Ripped to shreds

A cropped jacket, paired with high wasited jeans of a slightly different wash with rips and holes all over? Looks nothing like your mom’s probably clashing ’90s denim on denim. 

A pop of fuzz

Break up the jeans suit with a fuzzy collared jacket. If Selena Gomez is rocking the trend, I’m on board. 

Oversized

Add a boyfriend-fit jacket with something girlier underneath and no one is going to be questioning the double denim.

Clean and classy

Use polar opposite washes for your button up and hole-less skinny jeans. It’s a totally sophisticated, muted version of the look and doesn’t even appear to be the same material at all.

Utilize black denim

Even the most avid haters of the Canadian Tuxedo have to admit that black jeans and a lightwash denim top is not a bad combination, they might even go as far as to say it’s very cute. 

Mackenzie Sylvester is a senior Digital Journalism student at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. She is founder, editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for the University of Alaska Her Campus chapter and a National Writer for HC beauty. Mack is obsessed with all things health, beauty and magazine related. She is a retired hockey player, photographer, Potterhead and world-traveler. Mack is the self-proclaimed Hermione Granger who really was placed in Ravenclaw. Follow her on Instagram @macksylvester27.