5 Adventure Dog Instagram Accounts to Follow RN

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alaska chapter.

We all have our favorite accounts on Instagram, but the absolute best genre is the “Adventure Pup” accounts. There are so many accounts with gorgeous photos of dogs out in nature. Nothing inspires excitement for another hike like watching someone else out in the wild! Here are my top five favorite accounts, but there are so many more.

@henrythecoloradodog

This is one of the cutest accounts I follow. Henry is a mutt pup who travels all around with his best friend Baloo, a Siamese mix cat who loves to snuggle. Baloo’s favorite spot to hang is on the top of Henry’s head. The pair even has their own 2019 calendar available for purchase (among other fun merchandise)! For every calendar sold, $1 is donated to Rocky Mountain Puppy Rescue. The account is full of beautiful photos of the odd pair around different outdoor areas.

@happy_aussie

This account always makes my heart happy. Tigger and Taavi are brother Australian Shepherd explorers. They are extremely photogenic and adorable pups. They live in Europe and have had adventures in Germany, Switzerland and Slovenia, to name a few. I’m a sucker for a cute Aussie, and this account has two!

@beingbirch

Birch and Bambi are two adorable dogs, I’m not sure their breed, but wow they are beautiful. They live in Canada and take lots of photos out in nature. As their bio says, they are “salt and pepper puppers exploring the east coast.” They are definitely worth the follow.

@wat.ki

This account is extra special, because not only are Watson and Kiko adorable explorers, they also travel with their friend London. London is a freaking hedgehog! What more could you ask from an outdoor account than a hedgehog in a tiny yellow hat?

@im_gonna_be_frank

Last, and most certainly not least, is @im_gonna_be_frank. As an Alaskan, I certainly have found a deep love for huskies and this account definitely fills the husky puppy-sized whole in my heart. Bear, Zella and Grizz are three best buds that are just so much fun to follow!

Kelsey is a senior Justice and Psychology student at the University of Alaska Anchorage. She is the Anchorage Correspondent and writer for the University of Alaska Her Campus chapter. Kelsey is an avid traveler and just finished a five week long backpacking trip through Europe. She is very environmentally conscious and working towards living with less plastic and waste in every aspect of her life. Kelsey is a small business owner of an art studio and fan of all things creative. She is also working towards making her way into the fantasy fiction novel world. Follow her on Instagram @kelseykroon to see travel photos and ideas about how to create less waste!