This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

I have noticed that sometimes, we often question our self worth. Sometimes we question it way more than we should. I know, while in college, I’ve had a lot of moments where I would stop and ask “Is this right” or “Why do I continue to try”. There is a saying “ Take ten steps forward, to get knocked ten steps back” and many of us have found ourselves feeling defeated. Life has a way of knocking you down to the point where you would rather save yourself in advance from the fight. It is ok to feel defeated sometimes. There is so much more power in the pain you may experience. Think about how strong you will be at the end of your fight. I know, majority of my articles are inspirational, but I strongly believe that people need to know their worth.

Day to day you may face a struggle different from my struggle, I may face a struggle different from yours. That is where the beauty of kindness comes in. You never truly know what people go through on a day to day basis. Your kind act could save the next person’s life or even make their day. We are all people, we all need someone, we all want to have a sense of belonging on this earth.

So, if you find yourself questioning yourself as you read this, remember these 5 things:

1. You are more than enough, no matter what people may throw at you, you are an overcomer.

2. My bible readers, remember 2 Corinthians 4:9, God tells us we are knocked down, but not destroyed.

3. You are a champion, the battle has already been won!

4. You can do this! Fight until the finish.

Just a little encouragement can get someone through their day, as stated in a previous article, feel free to reach out to me if you need anyone to talk to! Continue to press forward, do not give up! I am rooting for you.

My name is Aundralesha Wordlow and I am a junior at the University of Alabama. I am from Anniston, Alabama which is about 45 minutes north of Birmingham. I am the daughter of Felecia Bradford and Adrew Wordlow. I have two older brothers, who are both married. I have two nephews that I truly adore. I am a very friendly and outgoing person and I love meeting new people.
I am currently enrolled and The Univerity of Alabama. A travel enthusiast who plans to see the whole world from the window of my tiny house. I believe that exploring the world and learning about other cultures is the cure of prejudice. There are something many places and people to meet, and i just want to share my experiences.