We’re So Here For Aly & AJ’s Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Check out their first song in ten years!

For those of you that are huge fans of this famous pop duo, this is the best news ever! Aly and AJ are releasing their upcoming EP this fall after a long musical hiatus. These sisters are known for their pop-rock hits, Rush and Chemicals React. During their time away from music, Aly scored a role on iZombie while AJ is known for her role in ABC’sThe Goldbergs.

Their first song, “Take Me”, shows off their 80s indie-pop influence and teases their new sound. After releasing their album Insomniac in 2007, they decided to step away from music because it lost its appeal. AJ recently told Billboard magazine,“Aly and I went through just a long period of time where we just didn’t feel creative musically.” Because of the break, “We’ve had 10 years of cocooning this music into something that has really taken off naturally,” she said. With their return to songwriting and music, Aly and AJ are excited to release their more mature and evolved sound… and we could not agree more!

This fall is perfect for an Aly and AJ comeback! Keep an eye out for the release of their new songs and upcoming tour dates!

Video via Youtube

Quotes via Billboard

My name is Alex Plavin and I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I am a sophomore at The University of Alabama (Roll Tide) pursuing a degree in Business Management with a passion for writing and entertainment news. I have an unhealthy obsession with binge-watching Netflix and Gossip Girl. I force my friends to watch my favorite Romcoms and any Zac Efron movie. I am always up to date on the latest news and have a tendency to know hundreds of random facts about anything and everything.
Kristen is a senior at The University of Alabama majoring in English and minoring in journalism and creative writing. She loves music festivals, reading, Alabama Football, and binge watching Food Network. She serves as Health Chair for the Beta Rho Chapter of Alpha Omega Epsilon. After graduation, she will be moving to Indianapolis to teach through Teach For America.