nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Do you ever feel helpless when it comes to the political climate surrounding you? Or just wish you can do more? The easiest thing you can do to make a difference in today’s world is to exercise your right to vote. Believe it or not, voting is your job as a citizen of the United States.

You may be thinking your single vote does not matter and cannot make an impact, but that is a myth. Voting is the best way to let your voice be heard in society. Now that we are young adults in college, the world is in our hands. We are one of the most populated demographics in the U.S., but we have the lowest voter turnout. If we want to make this country our own, we must show that we are interested and dedicated in doing just that.

I know what you are thinking. You are in college, it is harder than it looks to get to register and get to the polls, but I promise it is easier than you know. This Tuesday, September 25, is National Voter Registration Day and UA is hosting a table in the The Ferguson Student Center from 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. to help college students register to vote. Even if you aren’t able to attend that day, registering to vote is easier than it looks! So, register to vote, get out to the polls this November, and show everyone that our generation has the power to change the world for the better.

My name is Reilly and I am a rising junior at the University of Alabama double majoring in Political Science and American Studies with a minor in Public Relations. I hope to get involved in politics after school and then attend law school. In my free time, I love to binge watch Netflix shows, go to the beach and hangout with my friends.