This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Concerts have been a part of my life for the last ten years—from casually listening to live music to missing school for concerts outside the state or going to music festivals—it’s safe to say I’m well versed in the concert arena (pun intended). As more events are starting to happen again, I’ve grouped together local and travel-worthy concerts that are worth going to. 

If you want to stay local to Alabama, there are plenty of upcoming concerts in the next few months that will be an amazing time. Billie Eilish is performing at the Legacy Arena in Birmingham on March 8. Though the show is quickly approaching, there’s still time to purchase tickets here. On April 27, Miranda Lambert is coming to the Tuscaloosa Amphitheatre—you can purchase tickets from Ticketmaster or through the box office located on 2710 Jack Warner Pkwy for as low as $25.  

If you’re staying in Alabama over summer and are familiar with the song “It’s Called: Freefall” that’s recently blown up on TikTok or their hit “Cocaine Jesus,” you’re in luck because Rainbow Kitten Surprise will be at the Avondale Brewing Company along with Briston Maroney for two nights in row on July 5 and 6. You can purchase tickets here for a fun night (or two!) in Birmingham this summer.  

To celebrate the beginning of the fall semester in August, Luke Bryan’s Raised Up Right Tour will be stopping at the Oak Mountain Amphitheater in Birmingham on the 18th. You can buy tickets here to have a last hoorah, before classes start kicking in for the fall.  

If you’re looking for a girls trip getaway, traveling from Tuscaloosa to Atlanta and Nashville are great options and hotspots for concert tours. If you’re looking to get out of town ASAP, Justin Bieber will be in Atlanta on March 22 and there are still tons of tickets (even as low as $90) for his show. For a longer getaway and a way to celebrate the closing of the semester, Shaky Knees festival in Atlanta from April 29-May 1 still has tickets on sale which can be purchased directly from their site

If Atlanta’s not your scene, vacationing to Nashville is always fun! Outside of the live music in bars and honkytonks, artists typically stop in Nashville for a date of their tour. Lorde will be playing the historic Ryman Auditorium on April 3rd, and though the concert sold out immediately, there are still resale tickets currently being sold on Ticketmaster. For a more extensive trip, Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival in Manchester (an hour away from Nashville) still has tickets left and would be a fun way to get in a little summer vacation from June 16-19. 

These are only a few concerts out of the many happening across Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee this year. Make sure to check Ticketmaster, artists’ social media and venue social media to keep up to date with who might be touring near you. Concerts have made up some of my favorite experiences—hopefully this article inspires you to go to one too! 

Hailey is a junior studying public relations with a concentration in sports & entertainment communication management at the University of Alabama. When she's not busy with school, she loves working media for her school's athletic teams, traveling, going to concerts and obsessing over her future.