Sustainably Sexy: Studio Pia’s Debut Lingerie Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Lingerie with a conscious: that’s what drives the Studio Pia debut collection. Pia Conaghan, the founder and designer of Studio Pia believes in creating lingerie that “provides the customer with timeless luxury she can feel good about showing off.”

And that can be seen in the pieces that are up for pre-order. Conaghan was inspired by the environmentally-conscious consumer, so all of the materials used to create her products are made from locally-sourced and sustainable options. The fabric itself is “only the finest cruelty-free peace silk, organically and ethically produced in Jharkhand, India” and all of the other “fabrics, hardware and elastics are carefully sourced from within the UK/EU” and Conaghan is always on the lookout for more sustainable options as they become available. Even the packaging and tags are made from post-consumer waste and can be recycled!

The lingerie itself is stunning. Conaghan drew inspiration from the work of the artist Henri Rosseau and his jungle pieces. She utilizes French embroidery and sheer paneling to translate his work into wearable beautiful art. The Liana design features a meadow of baby pink and pale green florals, with sheer paneling to accentuate the natural aspect of the bra and suspender. A dainty bralette, fit for any fairy queen, Liana is a beautiful piece. If lingerie ever belonged in an art gallery, it would be this bra set.

Looking for a bit more coverage? Adria offers the same implemental designs of Liana, but with gorgeous “Jungle” peace silk providing more support. The sheer paneling still gives sneaky peeks of the beautiful floral design, but the deep green silk grounds the bra set. The matching panties even come with a high-waisted option.

Not into the florals? Bella might be for you. Evoking images of a bygone era, this gorgeous set features “Flamingo Pink” peace silk. If you find yourself yearning for the lingerie of a posh 1950’s movie star, the blush tones and high-waisted suspenders that Bella offers are just what you’re looking for. “Key pieces include a balconette longline bra and a peplum suspender” that you’ll never want to take off. Saving the environment never looked this good.

Pictures supplied by Studio Pia.

Photography: Alex Charilaou – Ever Photography

Model: Sophie Young

Hair & Make-up: Kumiko Ando

Sarah is from Indianapolis, Indiana and is currently studying Telecommunications and Film at the University of Alabama. Along with her broadcasting major, she is also working towards a creative writing minor. She enjoys writing to her friends back home, caring for her hamster named Pasta, dancing around to Ellie Goulding and cultivating her cacti garden! In her spare time, Sarah can be found in the library with her head in a book or on the quad petting dogs.
Alabama Contributor