This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Music has a crazy way of explaining our feelings. Sometimes I turn on the radio and a song plays that describes my exact situation, like the singer is inside my brain. Music is very powerful and large part of my everyday life. So here are some of my favorite songs, one for every mood.

1.      “Upside Down” Jack Johnson-I love to listen to this song when I’m just chilling in my bed doing nothing, or when I’m at the beach watching the waves. Pretty much any Jack Johnson song will work for a relaxed mood, making him one of my absolute faves.

2.     “Run the World” Beyoncé – The chorus repeats, “Who runs the world…GIRLS,” making this an extremely feminist song. It is just-right for when you’re feeling powerful, like you can rule the world.

3.     “Drink A Beer” Luke Bryan-This is a song aboutLuke Bryan reflecting on the death of his two family members: a perfect one when you need a good cry or feel like contemplating life.

4.     “Dixieland Delight” Alabama- Obviously this song is fitting for anything Alabama-related, but especially a football game. There is nothing that brings me more joy than belting out the lyrics of this song. However, this song is special and can fit pretty much any mood—any time is a good time for some Dixieland Delight.

5.     “Crushing It” Brad Paisley-This is my Friday song, when I’m done with all my work and classes and ready for the weekend…time to celebrate!

6.      “Baby Got Back” Sir Mix A Lot-This is one of my favorite dancing songs, you can’t help but groove when you hear this. It’s also a good stress reliever, I recommend blasting this and dancing like nobody’s watching—a perfect study break.

7.     “Live Like You Were Dying” Tim McGraw-Back at home, me and my two best friends used to drive around with the windows down—wind whipping our hair everywhere—and we sang this as loud as we possibly could. It always inspired us to live our lives to the fullest and this is still one of my greatest memories. Whenever you need some motivation or you’re feeling a little down, try this tune.

Hey guys! My name is Kourtney Jakubowski and I am a sophomore at University of Alabama, I feel so lucky! I came from beautiful San Diego where I learned to keep active and always seek new adventures. College is scary, so I hope to make that transition a little easier! Roll tide
Alabama Contributor