This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Since the semester has just officially ended, here are a few things that helped me get through it. Since these helped me, maybe you will see something that could potentially add something positive to your next semester. Enjoy!

1. A Sketchbook/Journal: I try to carry around a sketchbook with me wherever I go, small enough to toss in my purse or backpack. I use it to doodle while I’m waiting on food, waiting on the bus, between classes, etc. It’s a great way to relax, but also stay organized because you always have somewhere to jot down a reminder or sudden idea.

2. Rose Water Spray: Rosewater spray is excellent for both giving your makeup a fresh, dewy look, as well as being a refreshing morning luxury. It is simply a relaxing and refreshing start to my day. Although it sounds luxurious, they sell a wide variety of face sprays at Target and TJ Maxx for just a few dollars.

3. Cotton Overalls: I just happened to come across a cute solid black pair of overalls at a thrift store, and they are my best find this semester! They are so comfortable and they go with everything, plus they add a unique but simple element to any outfit. It is so nice to be able to just throw them over a sweater or t-shirt and go. (A similar item can be found on Ebay and Amazon.)

4. Womankind Magazine: This magazine is available at most Barnes and Nobles and Books-A-Millions. It has articles about politics, art, culture, and creative writing all pertaining to women and gender. It is something fun to read here and there, and if you already love Her Campus, it would be a perfect addition to your magazine collection!

5. Plants and/or my Fish: When classes can get a little bit menial, it’s easy to get in a slump. Having something to take care of, even something as simple as a plant or a pet fish, can really boost your mood. It isn’t expensive and it doesn’t take time away from your day, but it can really add some positivity when needed.

6. Sharpie Pens: In my opinion, these are the best pens to ever exist. I exclusively use Sharpie brand pens in my classes, for drawing, and literally anything else. They write so crisp and smooth, and they are definitely worth the price.

7. Coffee Warmer: I found this weird gadget on Amazon for around $8 and just bought it on a whim. It has saved many-a-coffee (or tea) from getting cold while studying and ending up down the drain.

8. Pajama Pants with Pockets: I got these as a gift recently, and they are life-changing. I highly recommend getting only pajama pants that have pockets in the future. Nothing is more powerful than a woman with adequate pockets.

9. The Google Notes App: This is a similar concept to the Apple Notes app, but its layout is super cute and easy to use. Instead of a notepad list, the notes are laid out as sticky notes. This way, you can organize them by color and placement. I keep anything from reminders to grocery lists on the Google Notes app.

Literally Any Facemask: Finally, and probably most importantly, a good face mask can just make anything better. No matter the type of mask, it can make a bad day good and a good day better. Plus, they give you healthy skin! It’s a win-win!

I am currently enrolled and The Univerity of Alabama. A travel enthusiast who plans to see the whole world from the window of my tiny house. I believe that exploring the world and learning about other cultures is the cure of prejudice. There are something many places and people to meet, and i just want to share my experiences.