This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.
  1. Appreciate the little things. Whether it be a smile from a stranger or a  pretty leaf you found on the ground, someday it important to take a closer look at what makes a day special.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
  2. Plan things to look forward to in the future. It could be the next football game, a concert, or just going out with friends. These motivations can help you get through a through a week. 
  3. Surround yourself with awesome people. You gotta drop those toxic friends and find people who make you feel amazing and bring a smile to your face when you talk about them. 
  4. Try new things; never stop adventuring. Maybe this is a new flavor of ice cream, or going rock wall climbing! Doing new things is a great way the keep life fun and exciting. 
  5. Always look on the bright side. There are going to days when everything seems to go wrong, but most of the time there is a bright side to these situations. It may not be obvious at the time, but look back on some experiences, did something good come out of them?
  6. Put small things on your to-do list (it will feel good to check it off). Now don’t overwhelm yourself with things to do, but add thing like: work on paper, do laundry, take a nap.  
  7. Set attainable goals. This goes with number 6. Making a small goal that will lead to larger ones is a great way feel accomplished. It is a great way to make a big goal feel easier to accomplish.  
  8. Remember when to say no. Saying “No” is ok. You can’t do everything, you can’t help everyone and you can’t be there for everything. There is only so much of you to go around, and it is important to make room for some me time. 
  9. Work hard, play hard. I believe that what you put in to get out! So find something you are passionate about and give it your all. 
  10. Get rid of things that don’t add to your happiness. Toxic friends or pants that don’t fit. you don’t need them taking up space in your life. They could be holding you back from better times. 
Hey guys! My name is Kourtney Jakubowski and I am a sophomore at University of Alabama, I feel so lucky! I came from beautiful San Diego where I learned to keep active and always seek new adventures. College is scary, so I hope to make that transition a little easier! Roll tide
I am currently enrolled and The Univerity of Alabama. A travel enthusiast who plans to see the whole world from the window of my tiny house. I believe that exploring the world and learning about other cultures is the cure of prejudice. There are something many places and people to meet, and i just want to share my experiences.
Alabama Contributor