Freeform’s: The Bold Type Season Renewal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Listen up Freeform fans, The Bold Type, has been renewed for not one, but TWO more seasons! As a Bold Type fan and proud believer in G-I-R-L P-O-W-E-R,  I could not be happier.

The TV show’s first season was a hit with a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes (which is really hard to do) and an 8.3/10 on IMDb (talk about impressive).

The show is inspired by the life of Joanna Coles, former Editor In Chief of Cosmo Magazine. The Bold Type follows three girls, Kat, Jane, and Sutton in the world of Scarlett Magazine. These girls are tasked with navigating their 20s, their New York lifestyle, the unpredictable nature of their  jobs at the publication, fashion, identity, and the complexities of love and sex. If you’re a fan of Sex and the City or The Carrie Diaries, this will be your new OBSESSION.

Go ahead and start binge watching the first season and mentally prepare yourself for TWO more!

The show tackles real and sometimes controversial topics to spark authentic conversations. These female characters embody what it means to be strong, independent, and unapologetically brave. Follow Kat, Jane, and Sutton as they lean on each other and take on the working world of a New York magazine.

Check out the first season’s trailer below and catch up on Freeform:

Photos via Freeform, TV Line

Video via Youtube

My name is Alex Plavin and I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I am a sophomore at The University of Alabama (Roll Tide) pursuing a degree in Business Management with a passion for writing and entertainment news. I have an unhealthy obsession with binge-watching Netflix and Gossip Girl. I force my friends to watch my favorite Romcoms and any Zac Efron movie. I am always up to date on the latest news and have a tendency to know hundreds of random facts about anything and everything.
Alabama Contributor