Style > Beauty

Five Beauty Products to be Grateful for This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

1. Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer
I am no better than anybody else. When that alarm goes off every morning I automatically reach for snooze. And I snooze way, way too long. So when I’m running to get out the door in time for class, but want to leave looking fresh, this tinted moisturizer is my saving grace. Its tint is light yet effective: completely covering splotchy-ness, breakouts and pillow lines. And it’s  SPF 15 so no matter what the weather is when I finally get out the door, I’m covered.

2. Urban Decay’s NAKED Eye Shadow Palette
I’m willing to guess not many of us wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy. But, maybe sometimes going out, you want to feel at least a little like Ke$ha herself (just with more shampoo.) This look lends itself to bold, and fairly adventurous, eye make up. Thankfully, Urban Decay has come up with a palette to take you from your 8 a.m. to a wild night out on The Strip. Mixed in with a few neutrals, the shimmery palette includes heavy, sparkly shades like deep blue “Gunmetal” or the shimmery, dark purple “Hustle.” So go ahead, let the crazy out. Ke$ha would be proud!

3. Revlon “Just Bitten” Kissable Balm Stain
I first tried this stain stick as a way to ease into the lip stain trend, and was immediately smitten with it. I get overwhelmed with all the things that could go wrong in attempting to work a red lipstick, much less a stain. With the kissable balm stains, you have nothing to sweat. The stain is easy to apply in stick form, the color lasts in addition to staying where you put it (aka not on your teeth, or a certain someone else’s lips). These balms make rocking a bold color on date night so much more do-able. My favorite shade just so happens to be called “romance.”

4. Garnier Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray
I would say hairspray is a Southern-girl essential, but let’s face it: any girl who makes her way down here will soon learn what a must-have hairspray is. Between the humidity, sporadic weather and southern-belle hair expectations, it’s just something you never know when you’ll need. Luckily Garnier has found a perfect formula, my personal favorite hairspray. The volumizing anti-humidity hairspray lives up to its claim, keeping hair styled and voluminous while fighting off frizz and flatness. I always go for “extra strong” or number three on their  five-level scale, as it has a natural, healthy hold that allows for some bounce.

5. Yes to Carrots Super Rich Body Butter
This body butter is probably the most perfect moisturizer I have ever found. Or ever will for that matter. I am not exaggerating ladies, this stuff has the ability to keep your skin feeling pampered after the longest day on campus or night out. The body butter has a light, fresh scent and is silky smooth. Unlike some moisturizers, this one has the ability to provide rich moisture without being greasy, slimy or thick. It rubs in smoothly and leaves skin simply moisturized and silky. It truly makes the most mundane of days seem a little more luxurious.

Image Sources: (HINT: You can buy the products here as well!)

http://www.sephora.com

http://www.makeup4all.com/tag/just-bitten-lip-stains/

http://www.amazon.com/Garnier-Fructis-Volumizing-Humidity-Hairspray/dp/B002KKV066

http://www.bloom.com/yes-to-carrots-nourishing-super-rich-body-butter.html

Jessica Johnson is a senior at The University of Alabama double majoring in English Studies and Communication Studies while minoring in Creative Writing. Avid reader, writer and one-man band, Jessica is always working on a project of some sort. After spending summer 2011 interning with Atlanta's Q100 morning radio show (and waking up at 3:30am to dress for work) she has a new respect for early birds. When not playing with her three rescued mutts, you'll find her at Gallettes sippin' on a Yellow Hammer screaming ROLL TIDE ROLL!!