Fergie and Josh Duhamel Split After 8 Years of Marriage

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Fergie, 42, best known for her role in The Black Eyed Peas or hits Fergalicious and Big Girls Don’t Cry and Josh Duhamel, 44, known for his role in Safe Haven and Transformers have called it quits after 8 years of marriage.

They recently celebrated their anniversary in January!

Photo via @joshduhamel on Instagram

The pair has a son, Axl, who just turned 4 this past August.

Photo via @fergie on Instagram

Fergie and Josh are no strangers to the media regarding their marriage. In 2009, Josh and Fergie made headlines for Josh’s alleged affair with a stripper, which put a strain on their marriage regarding claims of infidelity.

After a few hiccups along the road, the couple is amicably divorcing and released a joint statement to People Magazine: “With absolute love and respect we decided to separate as a couple earlier this year.”

Josh is in the midst of filming and just released the latest Transformers movie and Fergie is working on the release of her second solo album, Double Dutchess.

We wish Fergie and Josh best wishes and privacy during this very public divorce.

Header photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

My name is Alex Plavin and I am from Atlanta, Georgia. I am a sophomore at The University of Alabama (Roll Tide) pursuing a degree in Business Management with a passion for writing and entertainment news. I have an unhealthy obsession with binge-watching Netflix and Gossip Girl. I force my friends to watch my favorite Romcoms and any Zac Efron movie. I am always up to date on the latest news and have a tendency to know hundreds of random facts about anything and everything.
Kristen is a senior at The University of Alabama majoring in English and minoring in journalism and creative writing. She loves music festivals, reading, Alabama Football, and binge watching Food Network. She serves as Health Chair for the Beta Rho Chapter of Alpha Omega Epsilon. After graduation, she will be moving to Indianapolis to teach through Teach For America.