This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

With Earth day coming up this month, collegiettes are finding all sorts of ways to be a little kinder to Mother Nature, whether that’s turning off the lights, using less water or breaking out the old recycling bin. But you can also show a little love with your beauty routine, both to your face and planet earth, by swapping out a few oldies for some new eco-minded beauty goodies. These are some of my favorites.

1. Pacifica Color Quench Lip Tint

This balm is a glamorous way to add a little color and sustainabililty to your routine. The moisturizers come from coconut and avocado oils, and the tubes are 100% recyclable. Furthermore, the balm itself is totally gluten-free and vegan.

2. Acure Face Line

I’ve talked about this once before in a previous post, and if you’re still not using by now- why not? Their slogan is “Acure for your skin, Acure for the planet.” And it’s true. I use the face wash, day and night moisturizers, mask, scrub and argan oil (not all at once obviously). I love every single product and the fact they are made with mother nature in mind. (And they’re not even paying me for this.)

3. Jāsön

Jāsön uses natural botanicals, vitamins, extracts and oils to make a variety of of face, body and hair products that are all-around wonderful. The body washes come in a variety of scents and combinations – everything from relaxing chamomile to invigorating rosewater.  

4. Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Line

These guys make a variety of powders, bronzers, eyeshadows, lip glosses, and other products (you get the gist) with nature in mind. To be specific, they make these products free of chemicals, synthetic preservative, paraben, synthetic fragrances and colors and genetically modified organism. Even better, they’re also cruelty-free.

5. Burt’s Bees

This is an old favorite for well, pretty much anyone who has ever used it. Their line continues to grow, and now, alongside the classic Burt’s Bee lip balm, you can also get Burt’s Bees creams, lotions, washes and oils. Best of all- Burt’s Bees products are all made to be the best they can be for both you and the planet.

Photo Credits

Pacifica

Acure

Jason

Physician’s forumula

Burt’s Bees 

Alabama Contributor