The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Date parties have been back in full swing after being halted by COVID-19, and I could not be more excited! If this is your first year with date parties, hopefully you find this date party GRWM helpful.

First things first, I have to be in the right mood. Playing some of my favorite party songs is how I get myself pumped up for a night out. I recommend making a playlist that is tailored to your date party theme, like throwback songs for a 90s theme or fun EDM remixes for a rave theme! After setting up my playlist, if I know I’ll be drinking, I love having a Liquid I.V. to reduce my hangover the next day.

My next step to getting ready is taking a full body shower. A full body shower for me includes washing my hair, applying a deep conditioning hair mask, and exfoliating and shaving my whole body. The deep conditioning mask I’ve been loving lately is Briogeo, “Dont Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Mask.” It only sits for 10 minutes and makes my hair feel so soft. While my mask sits, I exfoliate and shave my body. I recommend the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub – it comes in a variety of scents and can be found at Target!

After showering, I like to put lotion on my whole body and do my full skin care routine. Lately, my skin care routine consists of CeraVe Face Wash and CeraVe P.M. Face Moisturizer . I’ve also been loving The Ordinary products for acne control. CeraVe and The Ordinary both offer a variety of products that work well for all kinds of skin types and are so affordable!

After taking care of my skin, I’ll do my hair. Depending on the date party, I’ll style my hair differently. No matter what hair-do I go with, I have to blow dry it. The Revlon One-Step Dryer Brush has been my go-to hair tool. The Revlon dryer brush has made it so quick and easy to blow dry my hair while giving my hair a blow-out effect!

Alright, I’m halfway done getting ready! My next step is doing my nails which doesn’t happen before every date party. When it does, I love using fake nails. Fake nails don’t require a dry time and give a salon look for cheap. My favorite fake nail kit is The Instant Mani by Olive & June, it’s easy to apply and only costs $10! It includes a nail buffer, nail cleaning wipe, nail file, nail glue, and 42 nails in 21 different sizes.

The last thing I do to get ready is put on my makeup and outfit! I usually change my makeup depending on the date party, but consistently apply my everyday base of concealer, blush, eyebrows, and mascara. After setting my final makeup look, I’ll throw on my party outfit and I’m ready to go!

Whether you’re a freshman who has never been to a date party, or a sophomore who was unable to go out due to COVID-19, I hope this GRWM routine helps you feel prepared for whatever party you’re about to attend! 

Hi, I'm Claire! I'm currently a senior at Alabama, majoring in business and minoring in sales. I'm so excited to be a writer for Her Campus at Alabama this semester! Some things I love include going to Target, my three dogs, and driving to Birmingham on the weekends with my friends!