Confessions of the Tall Girl of Your Friend Group

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Tall girls must stand together…it is not always easy. There are many cons, but also many pros. Growing up as a 5’10” girl has had its tough times, but I have learned to appreciate it as I’ve grown up.

1. You can never find pants that fit, but when you do, you know your long lean legs look amazing.

2. Most boys are shorter than you, which can be soooo annoying. WHERE’S ALL THE TALL BOYS AT? However, when you’re at a party you stand out of your group of beautiful friends because you are so much taller than them. Boys will see you first, so that’s a major plus.

3. If you’re like me, you’re the one of your friend group that always gets made fun of. It is easy to laugh at your quirky long limbs and your awkward posture. At the same time, if you are in a leadership position, people will automatically respect you more because of your height. When people have to look up at you, they feel you hold the power. People make laugh with you, but they will also listen.

4. You really can’t wear heels or you will look like a literal giant. This can be kind of a bummer, but at the same time, who really likes heels anyway?? They hurt, it’s harder to walk, and there are much cuter shoes out there. Not being able to wear heels may be a blessing in disguise.

5. Tall girls have more fun!

These are just a few reasons that I feel lucky to be the tallest of my friend group. At times it can be a struggle, but trust me…all of your friends wish they had your height.

Hey guys! My name is Kourtney Jakubowski and I am a sophomore at University of Alabama, I feel so lucky! I came from beautiful San Diego where I learned to keep active and always seek new adventures. College is scary, so I hope to make that transition a little easier! Roll tide
Alabama Contributor