This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

We have all come across a squirrel or hundred in our day. These squirrels are usually skittish, chilling in a tree, or trying to find those nutzs that they hid last winter. I like to consider these squirrels middle-aged and retired squirrels. They are more concerned with building their squirrel nutz interest and restoring their home-holes than staying out late in the local tree hollow bar.

Then there is the infamous college squirrel…

These squirrels have left the nest and are seeking new experiences, fun times,  and the opportunity to find yourself. Perhaps you have come across this one of the squirrels on your way to class. They can be seen doing many activities such as:

Cheering on their favorite team…

Sleeping off a hard night of knocking back Nuttie Lites.  

These squirrels are fearless. They took one class on Karl Marx, and now they will approach anyone ready to tell them why communism is the answer to all the problems with squirrel nation.  

This squirrel here is explaining why we need to distribute the nut wealth.

The stresses in squirrel college are very real. A squirrel must spend a certain amount of standing in the middle of the sidewalk inhibiting the progress of students. They are required to be a least 20 squirrels milling around the grass AT ALL TIMES! Sometimes the stresses are too much for the new college students.

This often causes the squirrels to scream for no reason at passing students! Don’t be too harsh on these squirrels, they are just trying to pass finals.  

Some squirrels, turn to food in these time of stress. The freshman 15 is a thing for college squirrels too. This squirrel was once seen falling into the trash while scavenging for a snack.  

But at the end of the day, these squirrels are just out here trying to graduate. Campus squirrels are a unique breed of animal that an integral part of a students life. And honestly, are we really that different from one another?

I am currently enrolled and The Univerity of Alabama. A travel enthusiast who plans to see the whole world from the window of my tiny house. I believe that exploring the world and learning about other cultures is the cure of prejudice. There are something many places and people to meet, and i just want to share my experiences.