This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Well, the first thing would be my brain never shuts off.

It is currently 10:03 at night and I did a last run through of my blogs before shutting my eyes for the night. Of course when I’m ready for bed, my thoughts run wild. I find myself switching back and forth between seven in-progress articles, basically tearing my journal apart. It is a race against time, before my ideas fade forever.

I seek inspiration everywhere I go. It sprouts from the most random things, too. Sometimes a song lyric sparks an idea in my head, or watching the cute college boys play basketball in the rec as I walk to my workout class. Inspiration is everywhere, it follows me like a shadow.

Thesaraus.com is my best friend and most visited website, I’ll admit. After Hercampus.com of course!!

The only way I can get my ideas out is by writing them down. Sometimes my mind is on overload and the only way I can function is by getting them out on a piece of paper. That is exactly what is happening right now, while I lay in bed, typing like my life depends on it, at 10:08 p.m.

Once the article is finished, I can’t help but read through it a thousand times. The perfectly placed phrases, the vibrant vocab, and the killer content. It forms altogether, like a puzzle of feelings and ideas.

Then of course, I beg all my friends to read the article, as they groan, “Kourt, I already read your article, remember?”

I can’t help it, I’m a proud writer. To me, there is nothing more beautiful than a jumble of thoughts pulled together in a piece like this.

Now you know what it is like to be a writer, so give it a try.

Hey guys! My name is Kourtney Jakubowski and I am a sophomore at University of Alabama, I feel so lucky! I came from beautiful San Diego where I learned to keep active and always seek new adventures. College is scary, so I hope to make that transition a little easier! Roll tide
Alabama Contributor