Alabama Women’s Wheelchair Basketball Gearing Up for National Championship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

With only four days left until the 2021 National Championship, the Alabama women’s wheelchair basketball team is preparing to battle against the SMSU Mustangs for their 6th national title. Coming off an incredible season with only one loss to the ABC Legends, this team is surely ready to put up their best performance in this year’s national championship game.

With key players such as Kate Lang, who won the 2020 Defensive Player of the Year, and Moira Paulus, Alabama has a powerful, talented team that never gives up. Fans and players are fired up to watch and play in the most important game of the year.

Since 2015, the Alabama women’s wheelchair basketball team has won the national championship every other year, and if they pull out a win on March 12, they will keep the streak alive.

This year’s national championship will be hosted by the University of Alabama and is scheduled for March 12-13. The championship is awarded to the team that wins the best out of three.

If you are a fan but cannot make it to the game, you can watch all games live at collegenationals2021.com

Chloe is a junior public relations major from New Braunfels, Texas, and one day hopes to work for a professional football. She has always dreamed of going to the University of Alabama and is so happy here. In her free time, Chloe enjoys listening to music, working out, hanging out with friends, and watching Survivor.
Alabama Contributor