5 Safety Items Every Woman Should Know About 

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

While every woman should have her pepper spray and car alarm at the ready, here are 5 other gadgets that can be life savers in emergency situations. Whether you are walking alone at night or out with friends at a bar, you should have a means of protection when it comes to uncomfortable situations.  

1. Drink Cover SCrunchie

Drink Cover Scrunchies are dually functional accessories for nights out. To protect yourself from unwanted substances tampering your drink, this scrunchie can be applied to your cup as a reusable drink cover. While this product can deter drink spiking, remember to only buy drinks from people you trust and not to leave your cup unattended!

2. Car Safety Hammer

Car Safety Hammers are tools that feature window breakers and seat belt cutters that aid in emergency car escape situations. It is easily accessible and can be applicable in not only self-defense situations but also serious car accidents. The window breaker also has a flat hammer that can protect the body from glass injury.    

3. Portable Door Lock

Portable Door Locks are the best security tools for traveling. They are adaptable to all sizes and types of door locks. When staying in hotels, apartments, dorms, bathrooms, or Airbnb’s, they can prevent intruders and unwanted guests.  

4. Personal Safety Necklace

Personal Safety Necklaces use the same emergency response technology as ADT. However, emergency responses with this device are with a click of your necklace pendant. If you double press the back side of the charm, the smart jewelry instantly sends a text message of your GPS location to five selected people in your contacts. There are also 9-1-1 features programmed into the jewelry as well.  

5. Lipstick Stun gun

Lipstick Stun Guns are compact and discrete but pack a punch against unwanted pursuers. The stun gun discharges a 1.2 µC charge and features a bright LED flashlight. These gadgets can be stored in your purse or pocket and can blend into your usual day-to-day items.  

Hey guys!! I'm Lorin O'Rear and I am a freshman at the University of Alabama. My major is Secondary Language Arts Education with minors in the Blount Scholars Program and Theatre. Outside of writing, I love listening to music, keeping up with politics, spending time with my two dogs Max and Goose, and spending way too much time decorating my island in Animal Crossing.