This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Happy almost Thanksgiving break! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite hoidays of the year. From the rich gravy to sweet potato casseroles with extra marshmallows on top, you can’t complain about a holiday dedicated to amazing food. My favorite part, however, is the dessert. I can’t remember a pie that I didn’t like. Below are my three favorite pie recipes that are guaranteed to impress your family this Thanksgiving. 

Chocolate Pecan Pie 

I will never forget how my grandfather used to warn me, “You should never have anything sweeter than a chocolate pecan pie.” Chocolate pecan pies are one of the most underrated pies in my opinion. My go-to recipe has to be Paula Deen’s. I always make two of these every Thanksgiving, one for the family and one for me of course.

Pumpkin Pie 

A classic fall-time pie, you cannot go wrong with a fresh pumpkin pie. One of my favorite ways to make this pie is with fresh pumpkin puree and the perfect blend of spices. Add a little whipped cream on top for the perfect post-turkey dessert! I recommend trying out Libby’s pumpkin pie.

Apple Pie 

Apple pie is one of those desserts that satisfies during multiple seasons. A warm slice of apple pie with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream on top is a classic combination that everyone enjoys. Cut up a few fresh granny smith apples with a dash of cinnamon for the perfect pie filling. McCormick’s apple pie recipe makes for a classic pie the whole family will love!

Whether you’re preparing for a Thanksgiving feast with the whole family or a simple friendsgiving, these three pie recipes are guaranteed to impress. If you try any of these recipes, make sure to post a picture of your pie to Instagram and tag us @HerCampusBama!

Hi, I'm Claire! I'm currently a senior at Alabama, majoring in business and minoring in sales. I'm so excited to be a writer for Her Campus at Alabama this semester! Some things I love include going to Target, my three dogs, and driving to Birmingham on the weekends with my friends!
Alabama Contributor