Why It’s Totally Okay to Drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes Even Thought It’s August

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Akron chapter.

With the end of August comes the start of fall semester classes, football and soccer games, and the absolute need for Starbucks to stay awake and attentive during the long hours of the day. So why is it that people are being practically shamed for loving the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes already?

Yes, we know it’s still ridiculously hot out, and yes, we know it’s not even September yet. In our defense, pumpkin flavors shouldn’t be a fall-only thing anyway. Do you see anyone denying themselves the joys of a Strawberry Acai Refresher in February? Of course not!

While most students may hate the idea of going back to school and having to go to class, we all love that when we go back, we get to see all of our friends and really start the best time of the year. Who doesn’t love sweater weather, scarves and riding boots? There are so many perfect photo ops in autumn, and the chilled air always brings with it a warm, happy feeling inside.

Now tell me, what is so wrong with wanting that type of happiness in my life as early as possible? Sure, it may still be too warm outside for a hot cup of heaven, but iced lattes are just as delicious!

So, if you’re someone who just loves pumpkin spice, who cares how early in the year it seems? Go for it! As my friends Donna and Tom would say, “TREAT YO SELF!”

Hi! :) I am a student at the University of Akron, Akron, OH, but originally from Sharpsville, PA. I am double majoring with English and Adolescent-to-Young-Adult Education with Integrated Language Arts. I love sparkly things, my sisters, traveling, and having fun!
Abbey is an Ohio native currently caught between the charm of the Midwest and the lure of the big city. She loves all things politics and pop culture, and is always ready to discuss the intersections of both. Her favorite season is awards season and she is a tireless advocate of the Oxford Comma. Abbey will take a cup of lemon tea over coffee any day and believes that she can convince you to do the same. As a former English major, she holds the power of words near and dear.